YÖS is an examination taken by international students who wish to study Associate’s and Bachelor’s Degree at Higher Education Institutions in Turkey. The results obtained from this exam can be used to apply for the quotas allocated by Higher Education Institutes for international students. This examination was conducted by Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYM) till 2010. The Examination for International Students has been started to be conducted by Universities in Turkey by a decision taken in 2011.
Who is accepted as an International student in Turkey?
Provided that the candidates are in the final year of high school or graduates; Applications of follow requirements will be accepted.
1) Those who are of foreign nationality,
2) Those who were Turkish citizens at birth but received permission of expatriation from the Ministry of Internal Affairs,
3) Those of dual citizenship who were of foreign citizenship at birth but later adopted Turkish Republic citizenship,
4) Those who were born in Turkey and hold Turkish citizenship but completed their secondary education abroad,
6) Those with TRNC citizenship reside in TRNC and have completed their secondary education there and have the score of GCE-AL and those who enrolled colleges and high schools in other countries and have the score of GCE-AL or will have the score of GCE-AL.
Students wishing to apply for YÖS exams must complete the application step by step on the university page:
The list of the applicants whose applications are confirmed and the exam halls they will take the exam will be announced on the University YÖS web page. As of this date, applicants can print their Exam Entrance Document from university web page. The applicants who do not have Exam Entrance Document cannot take the exam.
Scope of Questions